Monday 13 February 2012

Smaz ♥ Soap & Glory


As you may have gathered from my first post, I am a huge fan of Soap & Glory. I have been using their body and bathing products for almost 5 years. The love affair started with their 'Sexy MotherPucker' plumping lip gloss which -aside from the irresistible name- smells like chocolate and makes your lips feel like they are buzzing, a strangely addictive sensation! The same year I was given a Soap & Glory gift set for Christmas and have made someone get me kindly received one each year since.
A few months ago, to my delight, they launched their very own makeup. Naturally I have been eager to road test as many of the cosmetics that I can get my hands on. So far my haul includes the 'Smoulder Kohl' eyeliner and the 'Thick & Fast' mascara.



Smoulder Kohl Eyeliner, £5, Boots: I wear eyeliner on my water line everyday without fail so I was praying that this would be up to the job. I needn't of worried as it is a soft pencil which goes on smoothly yet it is super black and makes the eyes pop. As you can see the in the second picture it has a sharpener in the lid- genius! I am forever losing mine. Well worth the £5 and has replaced the Rimmel kohl as my go-to eyeliner!




Thick & Fast Mascara, £10, Boots: I actually got this mascara for free which I am thankful for as I wasn't overly impressed with it. It's not a bad product but there is nothing special about it either- in the words of Simon Cowell: "distinctly average". Plus, it comes out quite thick and gloopy. Since using the Maybelline Colossal mascara I much prefer curved wands and this one has a conical wand. So I think I will probably use this for extra volume on top of the Colossal mascara for evening eyelashes. 

As I have only tried 2 Soap & Glory products from the makeup range I cannot give a fair review but I do love the retro packaging and witty names. Plus their kohl is my new favourite eyeliner! I'm hoping that my next S&G cosmetic purchase will be the 'Kick Ass Concealer' as I have heard good things about it and need to purchase a decent one.

My next post should be a review of the Clarins Daily Energizer Cleansing Gel so until then, I hope you have a good week!

Smaz

xx