Monday 26 March 2012

Spring fling

The clocks went forward last night, the days have become longer, the sun has been shining.....it can only mean one thing- Spring has arrived! Unfortunately I won't be able to maximise the weather for a little while as I have 7 and a half weeks left of uni and too many words to count to write. However that doesn't mean I won't be dressing accordingly!
This weekend thanks to my wonderful and generous boyfriend I welcomed this little number into my wardrobe.....


And here is a close-up of the print and zip detailing at the back:


I found this gorgeous dress whilst 'window shopping' in Ark. We went in there with the sole intention of the bf finding clothes for himself and naturally I fell in love with everything in there! However I could not stop looking at this particular item and vowed to return once I had received my loan. The bf obviously sensed my longing, took pity and off to the till we went. 
We were both surprised that it was only £26.99- the quality of the dress would suggest otherwise. Plus it comes with a rather sturdy brown belt- perfect! It is a light blouse-like material and sits really nicely. I wore it last night with tights and boots to a restaurant but I most look forward to wearing it with bare legs and sandals in summer.

I would definitely recommend checking out Ark- if there isn't one near you they have a website but it doesn't feature all of the stock they have in store (such as this dress). Whilst Ark feature all the trends that Topshop have, the pieces all have a slight twist so you can avoid looking like a clone. They are cheaper too!

Thank you for reading!

x

EDIT: This dress is now available on the website here