Tuesday 17 July 2012

Product Rave: Aussie 'Take The Heat' shampoo and conditioner


Hello everyone!
I wanted to dedicate this post to the Aussie 'Take The Heat' range. Since my hair ended up in a dire state after my summer holiday last year, I have been on a mission to get it back into good health. Before I begin raving about these products I should add as a sidenote that I have stopped using my hairdryer. Initially this wasn't by choice- my little travel hairdryer decided to pack in a few months ago. But what a blessing in disguise that was! Within a week I began to notice an improvement in my hair's condition and texture. Now I know you may be thinking *no sh*t sherlock!* but hair-drying can be addictive-especially as I had been doing so for years.

Now onto the products:




These are actually the second bottles I have repurchased of the shampoo and conditioner because I loved using them so much the first time! They smell slightly different to the usual 'Aussie' smell but equally as delicious. The shampoo lathers up nicely and the conditioner has a satisfyingly thick and creamy consistency which you can instantly feel smoothing your hair. I like to leave the conditioner on for at least 3-5 minutes each time I wash my hair so it can work as a nourishing treatment.
Although these products are designed to be used with heat appliances, I have found that they have helped to repair the damage previously done to hair- leaving it looking healthy and shiny. More importantly though, it does not leave my hair feeling greasy at all. 
As a bonus the first bottles lasted for about 4-6 weeks- I wash my hair every other day so great value for money!


As Boots had an offer '3 for £10' on Aussie products (which is still on!), I picked up this heat protection leave-in spray. I use this before blow-drying (unfortunately a necessary evil sometimes!) and before straightening. I also use this if I am leaving my hair to dry naturally as it leave my hair smelling so nice! As promised on the bottle- it leaves my hair looking shiny. I can't yet give a thorough review but I do feel like I will get a lot of use out of this product as a little goes a long way.

So my advice to those who are suffering damage/split-ends- cut them off, put down the hairdryer, condition the crap out of it and use heat protection products! The damage is reversible- I promise!

Do you use Aussie haircare? Which ones? I'd love to know your haircare tips and secrets!

Oh and don't forget to follow my blog with Bloglovin'!

Smaz

xxx