Saturday 30 March 2013

Dove Nourishing Oil Care range

Nourishing Oil shampoo £2.49, Nourishing Oil express treatment conditioner £3.39 & Nourising Oil leaving-in conditioning spray £3.39, all on offer 3 for 2 at Boots at the moment!

In this post, I blogged about the Dove PR event that I went to last month. After using the hair care freebies I received in the goodybag for a few weeks, I wanted to share my thoughts. We were told at the event that we would receive the hair care suited for our hair type depending on the results of a consultation and hair hydration test. As we were pretty much the last to leave, it was all abit rushed and I'm pretty sure Katie and I's bags were mixed up. She ended up with the Colour Care range even though she doesn't dye her hair much and I've recently had highlights. Nonetheless I'm secretly thrilled as I love the Nourishing Oil products!


The shampoo has a thick and creamy consistency. My initial thoughts were that it might weigh down my hair and encourage my hair to become greasy quicker but in fact, it serves to do it exactly what it says on the bottle- nourish my hair and smooth it down. Similarly I was surprised at how much use I've had out of it- I've used it every other day for the last few weeks and there's still some left. So retailing at £2.49, it's excellent value for money.



In the past I would have been frightened of using an intensive conditioner on my hair every wash but as I've really tried to step it up a notch and keep my hair hydrated after highlighting it, I've really seen an improvement in my split ends from doing so. Again, this conditioner is satisfyingly thick, smells divine and has a yellow-gold swirl in the middle when you squeeze it out. I smooth it through the mid-length of my hair and pop a bit extra on the ends. I try to leave it on for a few minutes depending on how much time I have (obv significantly less on a weekday morning!) before rinsing off.



Once I'm out of the shower and have towel-dried my hair, I spritz some of the leave-in conditioning spray onto the mid length and ends. I adore the smell of this, although I can't really describe it- you'll have to take my word for it! It looks like milk in the bottle and you have to give it a good shake before using. As it says on the bottle, it's also nice to use to refresh your hair between washes. I like to spray some onto dry hair, tie it in a bun and leave for a bit to create a soft natural wave.

After I've used all 3 of these products and blow-dried my hair, it's smooth, soft and manageable. I've also been receiving a few compliments on it recently so these products must be doing something right!! I've yet to try the Colour Care range but I'd say if you dye your hair to give these products a go.

I have to add that I really like Dove as a brand- it's a classic brand which is reknowned for it's 'beauty bar' soap that I know a couple of people like to use for their facial skincare as well as there hands. But I think their success lies in how they've managed to apply the same simple, nourishing qualities of the soap to deodorants, roll-ons, moisturisers and now hair care- without breaking the bank!

What do you think? Have you tried any of these before? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

xx