Saturday 8 March 2014

Little homeware haul


In my last post, I mentioned that I had picked up a few little bits of homeware. I didn't intend to but there were so many cute things that were pretty cheap and from places that we don't have in London.



First up is this set of 4 heart shaped Ramekins from Bert's Homestore. The annoying girly girl inside me couldn't resist picking these up - I love anything polka dot and heart shaped so they're the perfect combo. I envision them to be useful for creating a cute twist for desserts, storing small things like jewellery or filling with potpourri to dot around the flat. Sadly Bert's doesn't have an online store but I found the same ramekins on Amazon for £10.49 here. It's worth taking a look at the Bert's website for an idea of the type of stuff they sell. I've spotted a few things on this page that I may ask my sister to pick up for me!


Next up from Bert's is this mini milk bottle. After having our milk served up in a mini milk bottle at The Breakfast Club which you can see in this post, I mentioned that I wanted to find one for our flat. So you can imagine my delight when I spotted them in Bert's! Plus it came with a pretty (but impractical) straw. Dan was a bit perplexed that it came sans bottle top but to me it's more for decor rather than to actually store milk.


My final Bert's purchase was this mini magnetic photo frame. A bit of a steal at £1.99! It's currently on our fridge but I need to print a photo small enough to fit into it. It provides a cute edition and pop of colour to our kitchen.


Tucked amongst North Laine is a big indoor Bric-a-Brac filled with odd bits n bobs. There were lots of things I had my eye on but mostly too big to schlep back to London with me on the train. Luckily I had enough room for this little tin with Mr Bean's face plastered all over it. One of my all time favourite films is Bean and one of my favourite impressions is to recreate when he starts freaking out at the airport. (Check it out on Youtube here and skip to 1:30 if you don't fancy watching the entire clip). I haven't thought of what to store in it yet, perhaps medicine tablets?


And finally, it wouldn't be a Smaz haul without something pink, would it? We were checking out a jewellery stall on Brighton Pier when we spotted these mini ceramic candy skulls. They came in a variety of bright colours but I liked the pink and the pattern on this one the most. According to the stall owner, she found them in Mexico and brought them back over to England but I'm not sure if I believe her. I paid £5.99 for it which is probably a bit of a rip off but hey ho. Another small but eye catching piece to add a little somethin' somethin' to our living room.

What do you think of my haul? Now that Spring is approaching we're feeling more inspired to update the decor and furniture in our flat so there could be more of these posts soon!

xx

 photo b_twitter.png Bloglovin photo b_bloglovin.png Insta photo b_insta.png Pinterest photo b_pinterest.png