Wednesday 18 January 2012

A few recent purchases

Hello there! I know it has been a wee while but I have had a couple of things occupying me including an annoying 3000 word report. I wish I could say that I have been doing lot's of dissertation work but that would be a barefaced lie. Instead I have been taking several trips to both Westfield shopping centres which leads me on to my wee haul. I have bought quite a few things over the last couple of weeks due to the eagerly anticipated student loan finally coming through!

I will start with my Topshop purchases. Now usually I am not Topshop's biggest fan *shock horror*. I feel that it can be very overpriced and there is the risk of bumping into someone wearing the exact same thing. Obviously this is a risk with most high street stores but I hate the idea of being a Topshop clone. 
However, I was on the lookout for a real leather wallet and when I stumbled across this baby online, I HAD to have it...I was shocked that it was only £16!


Anyone who knows me will testify that this wallet was made for me! Hot pink with quilting...perfect!

In my search for the perfect jeans I remember reading on a couple of blogs that the Topshop Leigh Jeans were a dream to wear. I then had a look at the reviews on Topshop's website and virtually every single one claimed the same. So I went into Topshop and tried a pair on to see if they lived up to the hype....and I have worn them everyday ever since, hooray! They are super skinny yet extremely comfortable. The only downside is the material isn't as thick as denim so in this arctic weather I have been wearing leggings underneath.


My next purchase was an unexpected one. I went into a shoe shop I had never seen/heard of before called Deichmann's and found a gorgeous pair of boots which were half price. For £12.49! Amazing! The quality is far superior to Primark and fit perfectly.





And last but not least a few cosmetic and skincare purchases from Body Shop and Superdrug. So far I have been really impressed with the Maybelline Colossal mascara...it has a small curved brush which is perfect for shaping the eyelashes and the mascara doesn't clump. Plus I am a sucker for interesting packaging! The Brazil Nut Body Shop butter was in the sale for £5! I couldn't believe it, it's my favourite scent, it makes me want to eat it! The MUA eyeshadow was a complete bargain at £1...I have yet to wear it but I bought a brown which I am in love with a couple of weeks ago so I have no doubt that I will feel the  same about this one :)



Oh and I FINALLY got Gossip Girl season 4 boxset, yay! I found it on Zavvi for £14.95! 

So that was a few things I picked up recently. I have a few more things (naughty!) that I have yet to show you but I thought this post was long enough! I will definitely stop spending once I'm back at uni and have to pay the gas bill I'm sure....eurgh. Hope everyone isn't finding January too depressing! 

xx