Tuesday 31 January 2012

Products I'm loving #1

Hello everyone, sorry it's been a little while. I have been preoccupied with (finally!) going back to uni and settling in. That and struggling to think of interesting posts! This is one that is done by a lot of bloggers and one that I like to read myself so thought I would share the products I'm loving at the moment. 
I may not have said this already but I am by no means an expert when it comes to hair, makeup and beauty. In fact I would go as far to say I am a beginner. Although I have been wearing makeup from the age of 12, I only started properly wearing foundation last year. So if you are looking for expert advice then you may want to go back to Google (assuming that's how you've found this post!). Otherwise, let's crack on!


  • Organix Coconut Milk This is a recent purchase but I had tried this out before as my friend Katie also owns this. According to the label it is an 'anti-breakage serum' which is perfect for me as I am trying to prevent split ends! Whether or not this is the case remains to be seen (I may follow up in a month or so) but it does leave my hair feeling soft without feeling greasy and smells delicious! It is £5.99 from Boots but a little goes along way. In fact, my sister went to buy it yesterday and there was an offer- 2 for £8 on the whole Organix range!
  • V05 Nourish Me Truly Shampoo This is the second shampoo I have used from this range and I am impressed!  The was half price in Boots for £1.74. It smells lovely (I can't use products that smell bad!) and makes my damaged hair feel soft and look shiny without making it greasy. Plus it is in a hot pink bottle which is always a bonus!
  • Herbal Essences Intensive Mask Again, this is the second intensive mask I have purchased from this range. They are £3.99 in Superdrug but are often on offer for half price. The first was the one in a blue tub- I can't remember it's purpose but the one pictured is for coloured/highlighted hair. As I have recently had blonde highlights, I thought I would give it a go! As with the previous one, it smells amazing and leaves hair soft to the touch and shiny. I seem to have found a great hair care routine with these three products so hopefully my hair will be in the best condition it has been for years.....
  • MUA Professional Eye Primer I only ever used to use a primer if I was wearing glitter dust on my eyes. When my personal guru (and long-suffering best friend) Katie discovered this, she was horrified and insisted that I purchase this primer. I am glad she did because it has made such a difference to my eyeshadow. Firstly, it makes the colours appear brighter and more pigmented. Secondly, it makes the eyeshadow last all day without creasing- exactly what it says on the label! And at £2.49, I would not hesitate to stock up when it runs out.
  • Collection 2000 Sheer Loose Powder You may be sick of me saying this but once again Katie aided this purchase. I was complaining to her that I love my foundation as it matches perfectly (Rimmel True Match in 001 Ivory incase you were wondering!) yet my T-Zone would become oily throughout the day. She recommended that I should use a translucent powder as it would not change the colour of the foundation and not look cakey on my face. She mentioned a No7 one that she uses but as I was on a budget at the time (this was just before Christmas!) I found this as a cheaper alternative. I have forgotten the exact price but I believe it was no more than £4 and it's amazing! It sets my foundation without changing the colour and lasts for a good few hours depending on the days activities. I use it twice a day and it has barely gone down so evidently a little goes a long way. I also adore the packaging- although it is 'drugstore' it looks quite classy and high end, sort of reminds me of Chanel!
So there you have it, my current favourite products. I will try to make my next post abit more creative but I hope you enjoyed reading this one!

Smaz

x