Saturday 1 June 2013

Summer wedding guest dress inspiration

I've got a wedding to go to at the end of August - the perfect excuse to buy a new dress! As any girl knows though, dress shopping can be a bit of a minefield for any occasion so I thought I would get a head start and have a little browse online. There were SO many dresses I liked but to save boring y'all, I've narrowed it down to my favourite 7. Sadly I don't think ALL of these would suit my figure but they are so gorgeous, I just had to share! 


Floral



Anyone who knows me can testify that I'm obsessed with florals, I really have to reign it in when I'm shopping! Florals in bright colours can't help but give off a pretty, bold and summery vibe - perfect for a wedding! Florals have been in season for the last few years so I love the slightly unusual cuts of these dresses, I feel like they bring something new to the table. They are also a little more formal than your usual day dress so are suited for the occasion.


Glitzy




I've surprised myself by selecting these dresses - I'm not usually into sequins and embellishments. But after going to see The Great Gatsby recently, I can't help but be seduced by these glamourous numbers. The first dress may look a little short and risque but as I'm sure most of us aren't of model height, it would probably look more modest on us mere mortals! And if you can't glitz it up for a wedding...when can you?!


Quirky



Topshop Crepe Tee Shift Dress - now sold out online :-(


I started my research into these dresses last night and annoyingly since then, the Topshop shift dress has sold out! I'm pretty sure this sort of dress wouldn't suit my shape but I had to include it anyway as it looks great on the model. This would suit ladies that want something more chic. It could be dressed up with a bold statement necklace and fabulous shoes. The Motel dress is ideal for girls who want to wear florals but aren't into looking too girly - the 'cool' girl's dress shall we say. Plus the Orangey colour of these dresses could not be more summery!


Girly


This dress is so retro and adorable! Naturally the prom dress style would work really well for this special occasion. My only concern is that you would need to ensure that you've got some colour on you (real or fake ;-)) otherwise it could wash you out.

Which is your favourite dress? Have you got a wedding to go to this summer?
No doubt I will be blogging about my final decision...which could well be none of these dresses!

xx