Wednesday 10 July 2013

Products I can't live without

  




I've accidentally ended up on a blogging hiatus at the moment - a combination of being busy, feeling like I couldn't top my Barcelona posts and wanting to change the name of my blog. Only problem is - I have no idea what to change it to! If you have any suggestions, please pop in the comments! I've finally convinced my extremely talented friend Ellie to do my blog redesign in exchange for a cocktails 'n' nachos night on me so have decided to coincide my name change then - exciting stuff! Here's a preview of the style you can expect from Ellie.

Because I am an incredibly impatient person and was dying to blog, I wanted to do a short post about some beauty products I can't live without at the moment.

First up is the Kérastase Nectar Thermique - a heat styling protector. I pop this on the mid-length to ends of my hair after washing and towel drying before using my hairdryer. In fact, I also use it when I have time to let hair dry naturally because I love the smell and texture it gives my hair. At just over £15, it's definitely towards the higher end of hair care but a little goes a long way and it's worth it. It protects and nourishes your hair yet it has an incredibly lightweight formula. Plus as I mentioned earlier - it smells so good! I would say that it's definitely helped improve the condition of my hair, particularly my split ends.

Next is the Garnier BB Miracle Skin Perfector Cream. I resisted buying a BB cream for ages as I thought it was the usual 'miracle product' hyperbole. But eventually curiosity got the better of me and I decided to try this one out. If I'm honest, it's not great for my oily t-zone skin type - I have to reapply again half way through the day. However, it cuts down my makeup application time significantly, peps up my skin in 30 seconds and smells so fresh that I can overlook that. And for £6.66, I would happily repurchase again but probably in the darker shade next time.

And finally, I have a new scent obsession in the form of Soap and Glory's Sugar Crush range. All the products smell like freshly squeezed lime and sugar. I've tried the scrub and shower gel before. Loved the scrub but the shower gel's consistency was a little disappointing. When I discovered that they had brought out a body cream, I almost squealed with delight! I knew I had to get my hands on it immediately. I sometimes open it just to take a sniff, it smells that delicious. Oh dear.

Anyway, that's all from me for today - hope y'all have been enjoying the summer weather we've all been waiting for!

xx