Friday 26 July 2013

Lovebox 2013: Sunday

I've been debating whether to continue posting before my blog overhaul...but I honestly missed it too much not to squeeze in a cheeky post. Last Sunday I went to Lovebox festival - a 3 day festival in Victoria Park, East London.

Oh and apologies for the lower quality pics, I decided against bringing my camera and just took snaps on my phone!

We're currently experiencing a long overdue heatwave in London. This made for quite a different experience to last year's rainy Wireless festival. No wellies or rain ponchos needed this time! It was all about trying to keep cool and comfortable for the long, hot day ahead. Here's what I went for...


I went for this ditsy floral dress that I picked up in the H&M sale last September for my holiday to Croatia for a mere £5! It's light, summery, easy to thrown on...and pink! As it was a festival, I decided to ashamedly pair it with my neon converse and tan/neon bag. Sadly I bought my neon converse two years ago so they don't appear to be available anymore but they have a 'washed out' version here.


Dan and Charlie getting bromantic!

When we arrived at Victoria Park, we promptly got ourselves some beverages and plonked ourselves in some shade on the grass to soak up the festival vibes. One of my favourite things to do at a festival is people watch as there are usually all sorts of weird and wonderful outfits (and sadly a lot of arsecheeks hanging out of denim cutoffs). 

We kept meaning to get up and have a gander around the park but ended up getting a little too comfy, sitting and chatting away. In fact, we didn't get up and move until we started getting peckish.

The first bit of music we got involved in was Kelis:


If you squint at the front of the stage, you can see Kelis in a bright blue cape. Her set was great - a mixture of her hits and a DJ spinning some trap and ghetto beats to get the crowd dancing.

Once we'd had a little dance to Kelis, we went and found another spot to set up camp near the main stage. Time for more pics!


The very glamourous Maskura and I!


Maskura and Danielle having a little boogie.


After an epic set from Hurts, the sun began to set and Goldfrapp took to the stage. 

The others wanted to go and see Paul Kalkbrenner while Dan wanted to find Jon Hopkins (I hadn't heard of either!) Unfortunately we couldn't find Jon Hopkins but could hear gangsta rap blaring from the 'Mama Presents' tent. We couldn't resist having a peek...


To our surprise, we were greeted by a guy rapping whilst wearing white suspenders and a guy on the decks wearing a bikini top. It made their show and the atmosphere that little bit crazier! Later when we got home, I found out that it was a guy called 'Mykki Blanco' a transvestite rapper. Another reason festivals are awesome - you end up finding new music you might not otherwise.



We finished up Lovebox by taking a peek in the 'Big Top' tent where Paul Kalkbrenner was playing. The tent was huuuuge and an insane amount of people were there to see him. The visual for his set were amazing!

We left feeling tired, hot and a little drunk but happy. It was a fun yet chilled day where we got to hang out with friends and listen to good music. Compared to Wireless this was a lot more relaxed. I think I'm getting too old for anything crazier!

I wonder which festival will be on the cards for next year? :-)

What festivals have you been to/got planned? I'd love to read your write-ups!

xx