Sunday 29 December 2013

Beauty Christmas gifts


Santa must have been peeking at my blog because he was very good to me this year beauty-wise! Either that or he's trying to say I smell and have bad skin ;-) Let's take a closer look at these beauty-iful treats...


First up is this adorably festive gift set from my dad. Receiving Body Shop goodies from him took me back to when he would have a little basket filled with handpicked goodies from their kids wildlife range (which they don't seem to sell anymore, sad face). This time around, it was 3 mini body butters (50ml) in Christmas cracker style packaging - Chocomania Body Butter, Shea Body Butter and Coconut Body Butter. I've used the others before but it was my first time trying the Chocomania one and boy does it smell good! Must.not.lick.arms...


This was a lovely surprise gift from Dan's brother's girlfriend. I've been desperate to try the Clinique 3 Step products ever since I was a teen but never got around to purchasing some for myself. I received the Clinique 3 Step Intro Kit Skin Type 1 which is for Dry skin and funnily enough it's just what I need for these colder months! As I've been trying another Christmas present, I've only used the moisturiser so far but it's great - a little goes a long way and once massaged into the skin it absorbs quickly, leaving your skin feeling very hydrated. Will report back once I've tried all 3!


I have to admit, this is the gift I was most excited about. This wasn't a surprise, Dan was having trouble deciding what to get for me as we wanted to purchase useful gifts to each other. As the Olay Regenerist 3 Point Super Cleansing System is currently on offer for £26.66 down from £39.99, I asked nicely if this could be one of my presents - what better than the gift of good skin?! I must give a shout out to my friend Natacia who is a skincare/make up obsessive and informed me of Olay's dupe after swooning over her Clarisonic Mia 2. As per Natacia's recommendation, I'm going to keep a diary and report back on my skin's (hopefully!) progress with the cleansing brush as it seems to have mixed reviews. On the one hand, there are ladies who swear that their cleansing brush (Clarisonic, Phillips & Olay) has helped to clear up skin problems and improved their skin whilst their are others who say it broke them out and make their skin more sensitive. Of course, everyone's skin is different so I'm hoping for the former!


And last but by no means least, for the 5th (?) year in a row, I received the giant Soap & Glory gift set (thanks bro)! As I explained in my very first post, it's something that's on my Christmas list every year. And this year, I was especially thrilled that they popped the Sugar Crush Body Wash in it! I've tried most of the products in here aside from The Scrub of Your Life Smoothing Body Scrub and the Extremely Plump Sexy Mother Pucker lip gloss - I'm pleased to say that neither disappointed! A tub of the Righteous Body Butter was also included but I left it at my dad's, doh! Usually I'm not too fussed with the vanity case they provide to contain all the goodies but this year's one is lovely and one I'll actually use rather than storing away. Sadly it completely sold out when it went into sale but check out the Soap & Glory Boutique on Boots.com here.

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas! I really enjoyed relaxing with family and (greedily) tucking into a delicious Christmas dinner.

What did you receive for Christmas? Did you get any of the same gifts?

xx

 photo b_twitter.png Bloglovin photo b_bloglovin.png Insta photo b_insta.png Pinterest photo b_pinterest.png