Sunday 9 February 2014

Hair saviours

How does the saying go? "You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone". Okay, it might be a little shallow to apply to hair care but it's true! I took for granted the good that certain products did for my hair and learnt the hard way when I didn't repurchase and used cheaper alternatives. As most people do around the festive season, I scrimped on my hair products to have some extra pennies for all things Christmassy. By the end of January after replacing the L'Oreal Hair Expertise collection with Tresemme and running out of the Organix Coconut Milk Serum, my hair was a frizzy, frazzled mess. As I needed to get my roots done anyway, I thought it would be the perfect time to get the split ends chopped off and rekindle my love affair with the products that had treated my hair so well before.


I've used both the EverRiche and EverSleek shampoo & conditioners from the L'Oreal Hair Expertise and both are equally as good. Having recently repurchased the EverSleek ones last weekend, I'd say after a week of using them that I think these work better than the EverRiche ones for my hair. They're the perfect amount of conditioning without leaving my hair weighed down and greasy. In fact, I've noticed that I can leave an extra day to wash my hair which is a saviour for both time and the natural hair oils. 
I also read/heard somewhere that using no-sulphate products are better for prolonging coloured hair. As blonde maintenance is so pricey, these products are a worthy investment. However when I think about it - yes Tresemme products are a third of the price of the Hair Expertise collection, but I paid a bigger price in the long term by having to get my undernourished hair chopped off :-( One negative about no-sulphate shampoos is a lack of that satisfying lather but this one foams up nicely. As I'm rinsing the conditioner out of my hair, it's incredibly soft making the usually mundane task of washing my mop a treat! As promised, once it's dry my hair is smoothed, satin soft and smells delicious. It's best to try and buy these when they're on offer - they have them on for 2 for £9 at the moment at Boots!


Although I'm not a fan of the Tresemme shampoo & conditioners, their dry shampoo is another story. I find that the consistency of the talc is a lot nicer than Batiste and is less white. It smells better too! Not only does it soak up the oils of second/third day hair but it also gives a nice boost of volume. I've even found myself using it recently to tszuj my hair up a little at the roots. Best of all, once a month or so, Tresemme products will have half off making it a proper bargain as at £5.25 it's a little pricier than the cheaper dry shampoos. 
And last but certainly not least, the Organix coconut milk serum. I foolishly didn't repurchase after my last bottle mysteriously disappeared and I really feel this contributed to my split ends returning. It's quite a thick and heavy serum so I pump a tiny bit to smooth over the ends of my hair to keep it nourished and shiny. It's just £5.99 (on offer for £3.99 atm!) for a bottle but as a little really does go along way, it lasts for months. Oh and did I mention the lovely coconut-ty smell? If you haven't noticed already, the way to my heart and purse strings is through my nose! 

What's your favourite hair care? I'm a little obsessed at the moment so please share your links! 

xx

 photo b_twitter.png Bloglovin photo b_bloglovin.png Insta photo b_insta.png Pinterest photo b_pinterest.png