Sunday 19 May 2013

Barcelona Day 3

On our final day in Barcelona, we had an early evening flight so decided to take a long stroll to a tapas restaurant we wanted to try out. We took a different route to the first day and stopped off to have a peek inside an indoor market which enticed us inside with the gorgeous flowers outside. This was a lot less busier than the famous La Boqueria off 
Las Ramblas. There were mainly locals rather than tourists so I felt a little self-conscious papping away!




It was filled with stall after stall of fresh fruit, veg, meat, fish and cheese. Had we been staying longer, I would loved to have stocked up. Instead we had to settle with a feast for the eyes...





It's a shame we couldn't fit one of these bad boys into our suitcase:


Probably a good job I don't live in Barca, I would spend a small fortune on flowers!



I couldn't resist having a photo against the colorful floral backdrop!



Gaudi's Casa Batlló in Passeig de Gràcia


Dan isn't one for breaking habits...







So it was with heavy hearts that we hopped on a train to BCN airport. 3 days is definitely not enough time to explore the whole of this stunning city so we'll be back. In fact, if I had it my way, I'd be a permanent resident!
This concludes the photos from my camera but I've got some snaps on my phone that I'll upload in my final ode to Barcelona.

On an unrelated note - I saw The Great Gatsby last night...what an incredible film! It exceeded my expectations and has left me obsessed with the aesthetics, soundtrack, actors/tresses and the book.

See you in my next post xx

Follow on Bloglovin