Sunday 18 May 2014

Fudge Whiter Shade of Pale



So it turns out this whole being blonde thang involves a little more maintenance than I anticipated. After a few weeks, those lovely shimmering platinum tones turn into lesser desired yellow-y hues. It's recommended that you use a purple shampoo to keep brassiness at bay - I'd tried the Redken Blonde Glam shampoo a couple of times which helped to tone down the yellowness but nothing dramatic. Which was fine, I wasn't holding out hope for a complete transformation in the colour.

Enter Natacia, who I've mentioned before as my beauty enabler, with her recommendation that I should try Fudge's Whiter Shade of Pale. Initially I was put off by the seemingly long process - you shampoo your hair as normal, evenly cover your hair with the product, comb through, wrap with cling film or (pop a cap on) to help create heat, leave for 15-30 minutes, rinse and wash your hair as normal. But boy is it worth it.

The first time I used it, it took me a few days to notice a difference until I realised my highlights looked very bright, similar to when they were first dyed. I've used Whiter Shade of Pale twice (once a month) since and each time I do, people comment on how my hair looks 'blonder' - something every blonde loves to hear! Especially when you tell people you're going for the '90s' look with your overgrown roots. Not only does it neutralise and brighten the tones, it conditions your locks too so the day after it's soft and shiny. 

£11.25 might seem quite expensive but as I've used it 3 times and there's still at least one application left, I'd say it's a worthy investment to maintain a glossy, non-brassy blonde mane. I'll certainly be repurchasing when my tube runs out!

You can order Fudge's Whiter Shader of Pale online from LookFantastic.com here with free worldwide delivery.

Have you tried Whiter Shade of Pale before? What's your favourite toning product?

Check out my posts on Going Blonde and Going Blonder for more tips!

 photo b_twitter.png Bloglovin photo b_bloglovin.png Insta photo b_insta.png Pinterest photo b_pinterest.png

xx