Monday 26 May 2014

Spring/Summer Haul - New Look, H&M and Zara


L-R clockwise: H&M Jersey Skirt, £7.99; New Look V-Neck T-shirt, £5.00 (sale); Zara Sandals with Metallic Strap, £19.99; H&M Blue Printed Wide Leg Trouser, £14.99

More frequent spells of warmer, sunnier weather confirmed that I needed to update my wardrobe with a few Spring/Summer basics. I was on the hunt for versatile pieces that   were inexpensive, comfortable, office appropriate yet suitable for post-work/weekend attire. Not asking for much then...


My first stop was New Look, who were holding a mid-season sale. I tried on a few items but the only thing I left with this grainy grey/blue (it looks more blue in real life!) t-shirt. I think the fit is best described a 'swing' - it starts off fitted but drops at the bust providing a looser fit. The fabric is super soft and perfect as a cool, basic top to pair with jeans, shorts, trousers, skirts...everything basically! Plus you can easily dress it up with a statement necklace. I got it in a medium so it had a longer and looser fit. It was reduced from £9.99 to £5.00! Unfortunately it's sold out on the website but I've sourced some similar styles here and here.

My next successful finds were from H&M. Unfortunately I don't have any trouser hangers so was unable to take good shots of them. As I walked into the store, my eyes were instantly drawn to these blue patterned trousers. They're incredibly soft and have an elasticated waist band, making for a super comfy yet smart pair of trousers, perfect for humid City days. So far I've worn them with my Deichmann sandals but they would suit ankle boots, heels, wedges and Birkenstocks (yes I'm tempted!).

I'd been wanting one of their long jersey skirts for a while - they're figure hugging which makes them look a little more formal than a long, flowing maxi skirt. As with shorter H&M jersey skirts, they can be paired with absolutely everything and rolled up or down depending on what look you're going for (or where you'll be wearing it!). I went for the dark grey one but currently you can only get the black online. I'm sure they'd still have the grey one in store. My favourite thing about it is that despite covering me up, it'll keep me cool whilst looking feminine. 


I first locked eyes on these pair of black metallic strapped sandals in Zara. But as they only had size 4 on display and I had a disapproving Dan by my side, I reluctantly walked away and pushed them to the back of my mind. As fate would have it, Anna of Vivianna Does Makeup showcased her pair in one of her haul videos that I watched later that evening. As soon as she proclaimed they were her favourite of the haul, I clicked onto Zara.com quick as flash to snap up one of the last pair in a 5. Not only are they incredibly chic but the smaller, chunkier heel make for a pretty comfy heel. Oh and have I mentioned that they were only £19.99? They've now completely sold out of the black ones on Zara's website but there are still some sizes left in the equally gorgeous blue and silver colour.

So there you have it - despite my seemingly high list of demands, I managed to find 4 pieces that ticked all the boxes. Now I just need the appropriate weather to return...

What do you think of my haul? Which one is your favourite?

 photo b_twitter.png Bloglovin photo b_bloglovin.png Insta photo b_insta.png Pinterest photo b_pinterest.png

xx