Sunday 9 November 2014

Fancy Dress/Halloween Costume - Poison Ivy


It had been a long time since we'd properly got dressed up for a fancy dress night and Halloween so this year, having been invited to our friend's party, Dan and I decided to go all out and go as our favourite Batman & Robin characters - Poison Ivy and Mr Freeze!

Initially I was really excited to put the outfit together but when my sure-fire sparkly number from Motel didn't look quite as I hoped, panic started to set in. Similarly, I ordered a bright green pair of tights from eBay that looked tacky and unflattering on.

Fortunately, everything managed to come together last minute. Here are the outfit details in case you have a fancy dress party coming up (jealous!) or want an idea for Halloween 2015...

Green Dress - £6 (on sale!), ASOS

Teal Tights - H&M (not available online), similar here

Black Suede Boots - Topshop (sold out), similar here

Red Wig - £13.38, Amazon

Red Satin Gloves - (old), similar here

Green face paint - £4.50, Angels Fancy Dress

Fake leaves - £3.45, eBay

As it was Halloween, and to add a little creepiness to the look, I covered my lips in MAC's Soft Ochre Paint Pot and popped on some L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Perm Khaki to look like poison in the centre of my lips.


We had so much fun getting properly dressed up and received a lot of compliments on our outfits, as well as some funny looks on the tube!

What did you dress up as this Halloween?

 photo b_twitter.png Bloglovin photo b_bloglovin.png Insta photo b_insta.png Pinterest photo b_pinterest.png

xx

P.S. I saw Christa B. Allen dressed up as a Minion from Despicable Me so now I've got that earmarked for next year!