Saturday 15 November 2014

Festive party season dress 2015



Winter feels like it creeps upon us faster each year. All of a sudden you're freezing your arse off walking to the tube station, cursing yourself for forgetting to wear a scarf, and when you leave work it's already dark. It's not all doom and gloom though, for where there's longer nights, there's the festive party season.

This year's party dress was found by accident. After browsing Miss Selfridge in search of a suitable winter coat, I spotted this little number on the rail. It was the 90s-esque spaghetti-style straps and triangle bust that caught my attention first. Combined with the deep burgundy colour, it was a no-brainer that it ended up in my hands.

I was sure that the bodycon would make for an unflattering fit, revealing all of my lumps and bumps. However, the shape of the dress nips in at the tiniest part of your waist and the fabric ensures a smooth finish. Surprisingly the bust is perfectly supportive so a bra isn't needed, but I have ordered a pair of spanx as a seam-free underwear option. Whilst the neckline/bust is rather revealing, the midi length keeps it classy. I love the simplicity of the dress yet the fit turns it into a head-turner.

The dress is currently on sale for £25.20 on the Miss Selfridge website and also available in bright red, light pink and black (which I'm really tempted to buy too!).

I'll be pairing this dress with my peep-toe Dune boots for a sexy yet comfy footwear option and am on the hunt for a burgundy lipstick. If you have any recommendations, please comment below!

What will you be wearing this party season?

 photo b_twitter.png Bloglovin photo b_bloglovin.png Insta photo b_insta.png Pinterest photo b_pinterest.png

xx