Friday 6 April 2012

Oranje, Naranja, Arancione!

For those of you unfamiliar with European languages (I'm not either, cheers Google!), the title of this post translates as "Orange, orange, orange!" as this post is a dedication to a colour which has long been a favourite of mine. Only in the last year has this cheerful shade been considered 'on trend' and it is being fully embraced by fashionistas. Here are my two favourite looks I ADORE:


The gorgeous Millie from Made In Chelsea rocking an orange leather jacket and wedges...on paper sounds hideous but she manages to pull it off. Must be those never ending pins!



My favourite fashion blogger: Audrey of Frassy. She has an incredible and courageous way of styling outfits and isn't afraid to put together pieces of the same colour. I LOVE the unusual shaped clutch and the shoulder cut out detail!

Inspired by both of these looks, I have tried to source as many orange items as possible...I haven't purchased any yet so let's call this my most coveted orange wishlist....

These two gorgeous pair of shoes are from Zara and are £49.99 and £29.99 respectively. Whilst the first pair aren't strictly orange (the platform is more of a coral colour it would seem) I couldn't resist sharing them! The wedges are DIVINE and I hope they will still have some in my size come student loan day (which isn't far now!).
                                         
For some strange reason these two items look alot less 'orangey' then they do in real life...I spotted both of these in Westfield (Stratford, obv.) today. The clutch is £17.99 from Pull & Bear and the hoodie is £22.00 from Topshop. The clutch is buttery soft faux leather and is about the size of an ipad- so would carry alot more than you think! The strap is unusual but makes it easier to hold. The hoodie is SO soft and cosy- perfect for this transitional (aka indecisive) weather. 

What do you guys think? Are you a fan of the orange palette?

xx