Sunday 8 April 2012

Products I'm loving #2

Happy Easter everyone! Hope you've all been treating yourselves to a chocolate egg or three. As I've recently been lucky enough to get my hands on some great beauty products, I thought I would share them with you.


1. Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream, £9: After seeing this product featured as part of Morven's skincare routine, I knew I had to have it. I am already a huge fan of The Body Shop and had previously been using the Vitamin E moisture cream. Whilst that is a lovely cream, I was on the look out for a mattifying cream. And this is perfect! Now, I have only had it for 3 days so I may seem like I'm jumping the gun but it has already passed a suitable trial. On Friday, I was out all day and night and would touch my face now and again to feel the inevitable oiliness. To my surprise and delight- there was none! It is the perfect smoothing base and feels on my skin what I imagine a primer to feel like. The only thing I would say, as it is mattifying, I am careful to use a richer moisturiser at night to stop my skin from drying out in certain areas. It also has an odd consistency but a little goes a long way so it will probably last for a while which is a bonus. Oh and it smells lovely!


2. Mudd deep cleansing mask, 99p: I mentioned this product very briefly in my Clarins cleanser review. I once had a bad experience with a face mask years ago as I must of been allergic to one of the ingredients and hadn't used one since. I plucked up the courage to try this and I'm so glad I did. It's a clay mask so it goes on like mud and dries up on the skin in 10-15 minutes. I wash my off using a No7 sponge and my skins feels smooth and deeply cleansed. Highly recommended!


3. Maybelline Colour 24hr Tattoo in On & On Bronze, £4.99: Apologies for the wonky photo, it was the best of the bunch as I'm still an amateur! I ordered this eyeshadow off the Superdrug website after I featured it on my Spring wishlist post because I spied they had free delivery. Plus I had been hearing that it was selling out in most stores. Now you've probably seen this product doing the rounds on the bigger blogs and I don't usually buy into the hype. However as an everyday eyeshadow wearer I was intrigued. And I'm pleased to say that I was not disappointed and have worn it everyday since it came in the post! It is a lovely neutral, highly pigmented and shimmery colour. I apply it with my finger without primer and it lasts ALL day without creasing at all! I even find that makeup wipes do not completely remove it which is annoying but I suppose it is called colour 'tattoo'!


4. Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Heat Protection Serum, £4.39: Technically this isn't mine- it belongs to my younger sister Lucy. She purchased it after reading (my personal beauty guru) Katie's post. And I am forever grateful as it is a wonderful product. I believe it is tailored towards thicker hair than mine but I use the teeniest amount. I apply it just before using my straighteners and they glide through and leave my hair soft, shiny with a delicious watermelon scent. The photo doesn't do it justice- it's huge and will last forever! (Once I buy my own of course!)

So there you have it- my top 4 products at the moment. I should mention that I have almost finished the Clarins Daily Energizer cleansing gel and whilst I have enjoyed using it- I'm ready to try a new cleanser as I wouldn't describe it as particularly amazing. 

I'd love to know what everybody else's favourite products are at the moment and whether you've tried any of the ones I've featured?

xx