Friday 25 April 2014

Life recently, April 2014 edition


I have a huge amount of respect for bloggers that hold down a full time job yet still manage to come home and blog. It's something that I've really struggled with recently for a variety of reasons but mainly that as I sit in front of a computer all day at work, I have no desire to do that once I'm home. However after not blogging for almost 3 weeks, I've missed it and thought I'd ease myself back in with a little life update (check out last year's April edition). A lot has changed this past month, mostly positive. First up, as I'd like to think my first photo depicts - Spring has sprung! What better way to inject some seasonal decor than a colourful bunch of tulips?


Second change, is my recent promotion at work! It's crazy to think that just over a year ago I was desperate to work in marketing and thought I'd have to wait a while before I could get there. I hate to sound cheesy but it just goes to show that you never know what's around the corner and it's never too soon to try and go for what you want. In case you were wondering, that's me sippin' on a raspberry gin with lemonade in a rather large glass!


The final change is bittersweet. Jasmin, who I've only known this past year through work, finally made her dreams a reality and moved to America. I found it surprising that even after school and university that you can still find people who will be a friend for life. So even though I miss her terribly, I can't wait to hear all about her adventures and help create some when I eventually come to visit in the Big Apple. We spent our final night together drinking a little too much wine on the terrace at 21 Print room overlooking the Covent Garden piazza - we felt it was a fitting end to our year together in London.


And now some exciting news to end this post on a high - I managed to get 2 tickets to see my biggest girl crush, Iggy Azalea! I'm going with my younger sister Lucy as she was the one who introduced me to Iggy last year - always handy having younger siblings to keep you in the loop with what's cool. I first sang Iggy's praises in this blog post and I haven't looked back since. The London show sold out in a day which makes having these tickets all the more sweeter. I'll definitely be bringing my camera so I can zoom in on #datass!

Hope you didn't mind a more personal post, I like to get to know more about the person behind the blog so I hope you do too. A couple of posts in the pipeline are a purple shampoo rave and a curation of the best pink leather jackets online.

See you in the next one!

xx

 photo b_twitter.png Bloglovin photo b_bloglovin.png Insta photo b_insta.png Pinterest photo b_pinterest.png